We are hiring for
Slush is the leading startup event on the planet – attracting thousands of the most promising young ventures in the Nordics, Europe – and beyond. In their early days, companies like Getir, Bolt, Kahoot, Aiven, and Spacemaker have walked our hallways on their path to breakout success.
Now, we’re looking for an exceptional individual to work in our Startup Operations to help us create an unforgettable & world-class experience for ~4200 founders & operators arriving in Helsinki. In this role, you’ll lead the execution of the most legendary & memorable concepts of Slush and in addition, experiment with a never before seen offering built for startups.
Some of the concepts you’ll work closely with & ensure the smooth operations of include: Startup Studio, Founders Day, Slush 100 Pitching Competition, and Startup Demo Booths.
You’ll work together with our Head of Startup Operations, Marko, and also closely with our other stakeholder teams: Investors, Media, Program, and Partnerships. In addition, you will need to work seamlessly with our Marketing and Production teams to realize the vision to help the most ambitious founders arriving to Slush.
We at Slush don’t look for ready-made packages. Your growth will be supported by the broader team at Slush and more importantly clarity of thought combined with relentless curiosity towards the inner workings of the startup ecosystem trump previous experience. Ideally, you’ll be looking to join Slush for 1–3 years and use it as a launchpad on your path to founding or joining a world-changing growth company.
- Building relations with the 4,200 Startups arriving to Slush 2022 & acting as one of the first points of contact
- Reviewing incoming Startup applications & solving customer issues with the team
- Communicating the value promise of Slush to the most ambitious founders and operators globally
- Planning & leading smooth operations of Startup concepts at Slush 2022 like Founders Day, Startup Studio & Slush 100
- Preparing & assisting Startups joining our stage concepts prior to and during the event
- Leading & executing Startup volunteer operations
- Growing into our in-house expert and evangelist of the startup ecosystem
We are looking for a person who:
- Is a succinct and persuasive communicator – both verbally and in writing
- Enjoys the prospect of executing various parallel concepts
- Is passionate to support founders & has endless excitement to build value for them
- Has a curious mindset to absorb the dynamics of the global startup ecosystem and is excited to build value within it
- Is emphatic and humble. In addition to establishing meaningful relationships with our external supporters, you’ll be working in the intersection of internal teams to support their work
Commitment: The role is based in Helsinki and we are looking for a candidate to start in August.
If you have questions about the role, send a message to our Head of External Relations Juhana Peltomaa ([email protected]).