We are looking for an exceptional Head of Investor Operations to join us! We'd be thrilled to hear from you.
Slush 2021 was the world’s largest gathering of venture capital – attracting 1,700 investors representing nearly $1 trillion in assets under management, including Sequoia, Kleiner Perkins, Accel, ICONIQ, Union Square Ventures, Index Ventures, and SoftBank Vision Fund.
Now, we’re looking for an exceptional Head of Investor Operations to take charge of this group in 2022. In this role, you’ll take the lead on customer acquisition, relationship management, and concept creation & development. In short, your ambition level should be to create the best investor experience of any event on the planet. Some of the concepts that you can expect to lead or closely contribute to include Investor Day, GP Breakfast, Investor Lounges, and our Meeting Area.
You’ll report to your Head of External Relations Juhana. You’ll work closely with our other stakeholder teams: Startups, Media, Program, and Partnerships. In addition, you will need to work seamlessly with our Marketing and Production teams to realize your vision.
While the prospect might sound daunting, we at Slush don’t look for ready-made packages. Clarity of thought and relentless curiosity about the inner workings of venture capital trump previous experience. Ideally, you’ll be looking to join Slush for 2–3 years and use it as a launchpad into a career in VC.
- Crystalizing and communicating the value promise of Slush to the leading VCs, CVCs, LPs, and angel investors globally
- Leading the expansion and management of our investor relationships
- Owning the operations and sales of existing investor products
- Conceptualizing & executing new value-adding concepts
- Supporting other Slush teams that rely on our investor networks, such as our (stage) Program team
- Growing into our in-house expert and evangelist of venture capital
We are looking for a person who…:
- Is a succinct and persuasive communicator – both verbally and in writing
- Understands and enjoys the nuances of relationship-building & networking
- Has a curious mindset to absorb the dynamics of the global startup ecosystem and is excited to build value within it
- Is emphatic and humble. In addition to establishing meaningful relationships with our external supporters, you’ll be working in the intersection of internal teams to enable their work
Commitment: Ideally, you would be able to start in early 2022. If you have questions about the role, shoot our Head of External Relations Juhana Peltomaa a message juhana.peltomaa(at)slush.org.