We are looking for a
Finance & Tickets
Join the finance team of the world's leading startup event.
We are looking for a curious mind that wants to take on the challenge of leading one of our most crucial and outward-facing operations. In this role, you will have ownership over planning, implementing and running the ticket operations at Slush. You will work closely with our CFO while ensuring a smooth experience for our most important stakeholders. This is a role that can be tailored towards your specific skill set and desires.
At Slush, we look for potential. We believe that passionate curiosity and the ability to learn exceptionally fast are what ultimately make people thrive. Ideally this role is suited for someone that is early on in their career and eager to dive into the world of startups and finance.
- Planning, implementing and running the ticket operations at Slush
- Leading the ticketing team and guaranteeing a smooth experience for our most important stakeholder groups
- Supporting the finance team in day-to-day operations, such as but not limited to invoicing, drafting documents, managing the purchase ledger and monitoring receivables
- Taking ownership of finance-related communication with both customers and partners
- Supporting our CFO in strategic finance topics including budgeting, liquidity management and financial modelling
- A passion for customer success. You want to create the best and smoothest experience possible for our stakeholders and take responsibility for it
- Desire to challenge yourself and grow into a future finance/customer success/ operations professional
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to work independently in a fast-paced work environment and thrive under pressure and tight deadlines
- Working proficiency in both Finnish and English
- Ability to facilitate and lead volunteers working for the tickets team during the Slush 2021 event
- Expertise in Microsoft Excel
- Previous experience in finance, leadership, process design or customer service
- Experience in leading projects in international settings
- Curiosity towards startups, technology & entrepreneurship
What we offer:
- Ownership over the design, implementation and running of one of Slush’s most critical processes
- Deep dive into finance and accounting
- Leadership experience
- First row seat into the behind the scenes of the leading startup event in the world as well as a fantastic intro into the ecosystem
- Problem-solving in a fast-paced, international and challenging work environment
- A team of curious, ambitious and daring individuals looking to create meaningful change
- Ideally, you would start in the beginning of August. This is a full-time position.
Slush is a student-driven, not-for-profit organization on a mission to help and create founders to change the world. More about Slush: https://www.slush.org/.
If you are curious to learn more, send our CFO Miikka Talja a message ([email protected]) with your CV or LinkedIn attached.