We’re looking for an exceptional CFO to join our student-led movement. We'd be thrilled to hear from you.
Chief Financial Officer
We are looking for a fresh thinker who embraces the challenge of taking one of the most exciting brands of the global startup ecosystem to new heights.
In this role you will lead the financial planning, development and execution of Slush to ensure financial longevity. You have full ownership in all areas of finance from budgeting and cashflow analysis to managing account receivables, billing and payroll. In addition, you will take part in the Slush board meetings and operate as part of the leadership team.
At Slush, we look for people with limitless potential. We believe that passionate curiosity and ability to learn exceptionally fast are what ultimately makes people thrive.
- Leading and developing the finance function
- Strategic company-wide planning and decision-making
- Budgeting, forecasting, scenario planning, reporting
- Cash flow analysis & management
- Managing A/R & A/P, billing, debt collection
- Month-end and year-end closing processes
- Tax & regulatory filings
- Ticket sales operations
- Admin-related tasks like work-hour tracking
- The main point of contact to our external accounting and law firms
- Joining Slush board meetings
- Reporting directly to the CEO
We are looking for a person who…:
- Has a minimum of 1–2+ years of experience in accounting or finance
- Has the ability to learn extremely quickly and handle complex systems
- Can manage multiple on-going projects and timelines with strong analytical skills
- Is a self-starter with a positive attitude and who embraces challenges
- Has the ability to say no while excelling in communication and interpersonal skills
- Has worked in or has deep curiosity towards startup & technology field
- Isn’t afraid and enjoys getting their hands dirty in execution
- Is a team player
This role requires working proficiency in Finnish.
Ideally, you would start as soon as possible to work together with our current CFO, Touko. The full transition would happen in May. The ideal candidate would commit to being the Slush CFO for the next two years.
If you are curious to learn more, send our CEO Miika Huttunen a message ([email protected]) with your CV or LinkedIn profile attached.