PODCAST. 50 percent of mobile games today are built on Unity, a cross-platform game engine on which even software noobs can easily create games. Unity Technologies’ product innovation mastermind Kaisa Salakka discusses the societal influence of the gaming industry, its diversity issues, and how everyone and their mother will become gamers in the future.
Listen on Spotify
Listen on Apple Podcasts
…or anywhere you get your podcasts!
Expect to learn:
- What is Unity and why is it mega successful?
- How will gaming emerge to everything we do in the future, from entertainment to working, learning and living?
- Why is Kaisa worried about current power dynamics in the gaming industry?
- What recruitment practices have given Unity great results in improving diversity?
- Why Kaisa is wearing a t-shirt with the text “girls can do anything”.
- Why Kaisa thinks its good for society that bright minds work in gaming?
Who is Kaisa Salakka?
Kaisa Salakka used to work as the Director of Product Management at Unity, leading the game engine’s new product innovation. Since January 2020, she’s worked as Unity Technologies’ Director of Research Labs. Kaisa’s focus areas are game economies and machine learning. Prior to Unity, Kaisa served as a VP of Product for Silicon Valley game analytics start-up Omniata that later got acquired by King. Kaisa has also held several senior product roles applying machine learning for telecoms and media in companies that are today part of Nokia. Kaisa holds an M.S. in Operations Research from the Aalto University.
What Soaked by Slush podcast?
Soaked by Slush – now all ears. Soaked by Slush is a new online startup media by Slush. In our First Podcast Season Ever, our friends from Futucast interview Slush 2019 speakers and guests to unpack their life stories, career hacks, and future visions. Have a listen, subscribe, rate, hate, slate – whatever you feel like, mate. All engagement is good engagement.