Founder & CEO of MasterClass, MasterClass
January 30, 2020
David Rogier is the founder and CEO of MasterClass, the streaming platform where anyone can learn from the best. Growing up, Rogier loved learning but struggled in school. Determined to reinvent the traditional learning model, he created MasterClass in 2015. MasterClass has since transformed the life-long learning category providing intimate access to the world’s best practitioners.
PODCAST. Learning in 2020? Lifelong. Also, good business. MasterClass is on a profitable mission to democratize access to knowledge. Now, CEO and Co-Founder David Rogier unpacks the company’s success story to educate you.
Listen on Spotify
We have a podcast now!
Soaked by Slush – now all ears. In our First Podcast Season Ever, our friends from Futucast interview Slush speakers to unpack their life stories, career hacks, and future visions.
First guest? No other than MasterClass CEO and Co-Founder David Rogier! You’d probably want to learn more about starting from the top from the guy that’s first hire was Dustin Hoffman, right? Have a listen, subscribe, rate, hate – whatever you feel like, mate.
EXPECT TO LEARN:
- How did MasterClass go from a vague idea into saying no to 9/10 celebrities willing to be teachers, 200 employees, and $135M raised in funding?
- How did MasterClass lure Serena Williams, Dustin Hoffman, and James Patterson as their first teachers with no guarantee of success?
- What’s the ⅓, ⅓, ⅓ formula that MasterClass follows to create content that’s inspirational and evergreen, but not just empty hype?
- How does David envision the future of education? Will deepfake be a part of it?
- How and why is MasterClass all over your social media feed? What controversial advice does David have about Facebook ads for early-stage startups?