PODCAST. Oura – it’s like Patagonia, but for your finger. All the Nordic business people wear these ring-shaped miniature computers night and day, aiming to optimize everything. Co-Founder, President and Chief Innovation Officer Petteri Lahtela shares how Oura made it in the hard, hard hardware industry – and will self-monitoring go so far it’ll make us neurotic…
Listen on Spotify
Listen on Apple Podcasts
Listen on Stritcher
What is Oura?
Oura is a ring-shaped miniature computer you wear on your finger to monitor your health and recovery. Founded in 2013, the Finnish company has currently raised around $20M in funding. There are Oura users in over 100 countries, around half of them in the US.
EXPECT TO LEARN:
- How did the Finnish brand make it in the hard, hard hardware industry?
- How did Oura engineers use real-life user stories to develop the product?
- Is knowing your optimal bedtime the most meaningful life lesson you can learn?
- Why does Petteri Lahtela think self-monitoring will save you, AND the planet?
- Where does the self-monitoring trend go in the future? Will we know so much about our bodies that we’ll become neurotic, not healthy?
- What’s up next for Oura?
Soaked by Slush – now all ears. In our First Podcast Season Ever, our friends from Futucast interview Slush 2019 speakers to unpack their life stories, career hacks, and future visions. Have a listen, subscribe, rate, hate – whatever you feel like, mate.