40 entrepreneurs from 20 global competitions will join us in Helsinki in late November to accelerate their impact business ideas, engage with the Nordic startup community and make a life-lasting connections with the major culmination at Slush 2016. We are excited to launch the second edition of GIA.
Slush Global Impact Accelerator is a program created in collaboration with the Ministry for Foreign Affairs of Finland and multiple partners globally. Organized for the second time, the purpose of the program is to support startups that are looking to solve some of the most pressing global challenges.
We at Slush believe in power of global communities. Founders taking part in the Global Impact Accelerator Program do not only represent their company and world-changing idea but also their culture and region. The program highlights the importance of curiosity and drive to explore and connect with other entrepreneurs.
In 2015, we received a total of 770 applications for the Pitching Competitions that were organized by our global partners. Due to the massively growing international interest, we decided to expand the program to cover even more hubs and cities near and far. This year, all in all 20 hubs will be hosting the Pitching Competitions, and 40 entrepreneurs will have a chance to become a part of the Slush Impact movement.
The accelerator program builds on collaboration with local technology hubs. The aim is to help the communities to build international connections and help the local founders forward.
Greetings from local hubs:
“Slush is a great opportunity to keep connecting Mexican entrepreneurs with the rest of the world, helping strengthen them with a global growth vision. With a great mix of business acumen and social awareness, Mexican entrepreneurs are ready to proof themselves in a mano-a-mano with the best entrepreneurs from all over the world.” – Mario Romero, Startup Mexico
“Tunisia is becoming the region’s next startup hotspot. High unemployment rates among the graduated youth has pushed them to explore alternative paths to concretize their dreams and assert their ambitions. MDI and CJD are taking the startup ecosystem to a new level, by organizing the Slush Global Impact Accelerator in Tunisia for the first time.” – Ghazi Benahmed, The Mediterranian Development Initiative
“Bangladesh is delighted to be one of the locations where the Slush 2016 Global Accelerator Program is taking place! We are a country teeming with talent and ideas that we are excited to get to share with the world and further build on Bangladesh’s startup scene. We hope this year’s program serves as a rewarding creative platform for everyone involved.” – Ashraf Abir, Mlab, Bangladesh
Application for GIA 2016 is now open – apply via your local hub:
- Bangladesh, 26.08.2016 at Mlab
- Brazil, September, at Softex
- China, *stay tuned* at Startup Salad
- Ethiopia, 26.08.2016 at IceAddis
- Jamaica, 20.08.2016 at CMIP
- India, September at Thub
- Kenya, 11.08.2016 at Mlab
- Lebanon, 25.08.2016 at UKLEBhub
- Mexico, 18.08.2016 at Startup Mexico
- Mozambique, 26,08.2016 at IDEÁRIO˚
- Nepal, 13.08.2016 at YoungInnovations
- Pakistan, 29.07.2016 at Invest2Innovate
- Senegal, 10.08.2016 at CTIC Dakar
- Serbia, 1.09.2016 at Innovation Fund
- South Africa, 10.08.2016 at mLab
- Sri Lanka, September, at PWC
- Tanzania, 10.08.2016 at Buni
- Tunisia, 1.09.2016 at The Mediterranean Development Initiative (MDI)
- Vietnam, (14.08 Hanoi, 21.08 Danang, 28.08 Ho Chi Minh) at Vietnam IPP & HATCH
- Zambia, 26.08.2016 at Bongohive